*We are no longer accepting applications for this position*
MountainOne Bank, 93 Main Street, North Adams, MA, United States
Community Engagement Coordinator: Summer Internship Opportunity (FT)
MountainOne is a financial services company headquartered in North Adams, MA with full service offices in the Berkshires and in the greater Boston area. MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve.
The Community Engagement Coordinator intern (“CEC”) will regularly represent MountainOne in the community. The CEC must be extremely organized, professional, adaptable, and personable. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has an interest in event planning and a passion for making a positive impact in the community. This internship would be especially valuable for anyone interested in community outreach, marketing, publicity, event planning, or sports/arts management. The CEC will be based in our North Adams office and will work closely with the Vice President, Community Engagement to plan, implement and attend several summer events sponsored by MountainOne. Some flexibility in scheduling is needed in order to attend evening, weekend, and holiday events. The CEC will assist with internal and external communications. The CEC will also be responsible for keeping promotional item inventory in good order and will need to lift and move materials. There may be other marketing, community relations, and administrative duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Organized and dependable, with incredible attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including grammar and email etiquette.
- Positive attitude to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal staff, community contacts, and vendors
- Ability to work a regular business day schedule with flexibility for occasional evenings/weekends/holidays for event management.
- Good computer software skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.
- Ability to work regularly in North Adams office and travel locally (North Adams, Williamstown and Pittsfield) for events with reliable transportation.
- Ability to regularly lift, bend, and stand, especially to set-up events.
The start date for this position will be as early as Tuesday, May 28, but no later than Monday, June 3; the end date will be Friday, August 16. The hourly rate of pay for this full-time position will be $15.00. Professional appearance and deportment is important in this position. Interested students should attach a letter of interest and resume. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled which will be no later than April 15, 2018.