Are you ready to join a growing team where you can make a real difference?
Integrated Eco Strategy (IntegratedEcoStrategy.com), a national leader in providing client-focused, high-value services relating to the Living Building Challenge and sustainability within the building industry, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Software Development Intern to support the evolution of Red2Green TM, our proprietary software which allows project teams of architects/designers, materials researchers, and contractors to more efficiently manage their Living Building Challenge projects. This position is based in our company offices in North Adams, MA.
We are looking for a self-starting, action-oriented person with a passion for software development and an aptitude for problem-solving. As a summer intern, you will work closely with our Senior Software Developer and will be exposed to range of responsibilities, including database administration, server management, end user training, application support, and troubleshooting. It is anticipated that the Software Development Intern will help us migrate our software from its legacy environment (FileMaker Server) to a full, high performance, web application.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Administration, development, maintenance, documentation, and troubleshooting to support current and future projects
- Write efficient and well-documented program code
- Identify features necessary to enable gains in data quality and process efficiency
- Developing well organized testing plans and performing software stress tests
- Maintenance and management of database issues log
- Other duties as assigned.
Success indicators for our Software Development Intern role include but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with working on complex server-based solutions in a mixed platform environment.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- SQL experience
- FMP experience a plus
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proactive situational leadership, e.g. always looking for ways to improve process communications and address potential problems before they occur versus taking a reactive approach.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy a must.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you! Compensation is $600/week and lasts for 10 weeks in June-August of 2019. Please send your resume’, and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org