*We are no longer accepting applications for this position*
Boyd Technologies is a team of life-long learners and entrepreneurs. We have an exceptional work ethic, a deep commitment to the work that we do, band the partners we do it with. For more than 40 years we have been addressing and solving complex materials and manufacturing challenges for a wide range of OEM manufacturers in the medical device, life sciences, and advanced electronics markets. We provide material sourcing, product development, and advanced manufacturing services to medical device and life sciences partners. We enhance those services with industry leading resources and technology solutions.
The intern will:
- Be responsible for developing Work Instructions and Validation Processes for new pieces of equipment at Boyd Technologies under the supervision of the Engineering Team.
- Work with the Operations Team to spend time on the production
about the processes and Lean Manufacturing to create process improvements. floor learning
- Develop and monitor metrics for manufacturing operations.
- Create and evaluate process estimates for new manufacturing opportunities.
- Manage customer product requirements and other job packet documentation.
- Create equipment and tooling models using CAD software. A successful intern for this role should have the following skills and qualifications
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment and interact with individuals of all levels of the business.
- Strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- A desire to learn about and participate in Lean Manufacturing and other
improvement initiatives. continual
Participation in this project will benefit the intern in the following ways
The intern will
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of industries across the supply chain – from raw materials to finished goods in wound care, biopharmaceutical filtration, consumer and electrical markets.
- Develop the interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels of the business.
- Study and apply standard Installation/Operation/Production Qualification procedures on new equipment.
- Gain exposure to basic aspects and principles of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Learn the fundamentals of a wide variety of converting and manufacturing technologies.
Must be completing 2nd or 3rd year in an accredited program towards a BS in Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates must register for and qualify for the MLSC Life Sciences Internship Challenge to be considered for the internship, but qualification does not mean the candidate will in fact, be selected, for any internship.
To qualify students must either be from
Application deadline: April 15, 2019
How to Apply: A resume and cover letter
Location: The internship is located in Lee, MA. The intern must be able to commute to the work location.
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Schedule: Est. 36 hours/week, Monday – Friday, est. 12 weeks
Dates: Specific start and end dates will be finalized between Boyd Technologies and the selected intern.