About Us: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area. Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner.
Qualifications: Our Healthcare Administration Internship is an extensive 10-week paid internship at $480 per week from June – August 2019; open to current undergraduate college students or recent graduates with a record of outstanding academic achievement and leadership abilities. Through this unique program, you will gain exposure to the roles and responsibilities of various administrative roles in healthcare including Human Resources, Marketing, and Family Services.
Program Structure: After an orientation to our organization, culture, values, and mission you will learn the basic operations of running a health care related business.
Through the guidance of your carefully selected mentor, you will experience:
- Exposure & networking with executive leadership
- Meaningful hands-on project work and assignments
- Site tours
- Attendance at top level decision making meetings
- Team building activities
Growth Andmuch more
- Proven track record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
- Demonstrated diagnostic, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office expertise
- Track record of excellence and passion for client service
- Innovative problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Willingness to travel throughout Berkshire County as needed
CHP is seeking a total of four summer interns, one each to work in the following areas:
Emergency Preparedness and Compliance
(Applicants may indicate in their cover letters if they have a particular interest in one of these areas, including a brief explanation.)
Deadline: Resumes will not be accepted after March 16,
Express interest by submitting your resume to HR@chpberkshires.org. You will be required to submit a resume and a 250 words or less statement of intent stating why you are interested in the Healthcare Administration Internship, why you would be an excellent candidate and what your career aspirations are.